The Harris County Precinct 2 Civil and Writs Division is tasked with performing all civil processes issued by the Courts of Texas also including the Justice Courts and all Domesticated Foreign papers. A list of civil documents includes:
- Divorce Citations
- Child Custody (Writ of attachments)
- Tax Suits Citations
- Child Support Citations
- Eviction Citations
- Protective Orders
- Subpoenas (Civil, Records, Criminal)
- Lawsuit Citations
Harris County Precinct 2 Civil Deputies are trained to carry out their duties with compassion, professionalism, and Integrity for the community that we serve. Harris County Precinct 2 leads the State in providing training instruction for all state-certified Peace Officers in the State of Texas on Civil and Writ Process.
The Writs division is the most complex division that processes and executes all pre and post-judgment writs issued to our office from the Courts. A list of Pre/Post Judgment Writs are:
- Executions – Judgments are received and calculated for total judgment owed and attempts to collect are performed.
- Execution Order of Sale – Judgment received listing the particular property to be sold at auction.
- Sequestration – Pre-Judgment writ instructing us to retain certain property until the court makes a ruling on the disposition of the property.
- Writ of Possession – Writ giving immediate possession of property to the plaintiff.
- Writ of Restoration – Writ demanding the restoration of utilities.
- Writ of Re-entry – Writ placing tenant back into residence.
- Writ of Garnishment – Writ placing a hold on any fiduciary fund held by a third party.
- Writ of Attachment/Capias – Writ commanding the possession of a person or property.
- Tax Warrant – Writ commanding the seizure of property for failure to pay taxes.
- Restraining Orders/Injunctions – Writ preventing certain actions.
- Writ of Assistance – Repossession of an aircraft.
- Tax Sales – Writ commanding the sale of real property for delinquent property taxes.
All Harris County Real Properties are sold on the First Tuesday of every month between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at The Bayou City Event Center located at 9401 Knight Rd Houston, Tx 77045.
All listings of Harris County Real Property Postings can be found in the Daily Court Review also in the lobby of 101 S. Richey Pasadena, Texas 77506. All notices will be posted a minimum of 20 days prior to sale day.
Representative of the Taxing Entities are as follows:
- Linebarger Goggin Blair & Sampson, LLP at lgbs.com
- Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott, LLP at pbfcm.com
Before participating in any Real Property sale, you must register with the Tax Office to receive a bidder’s number at Harris County Tax Office.
You must pay for the property at the time of the sale. Only cash or certified funds (cashier’s check) are accepted. Certified checks should be made payable to the selling Constable precinct.
All sales are final no warranty expressed or implied.
Right of Redemption after Tax Sale
Please refer to Tax Code Ch. 34 Subsection B.
Harris County Fee Schedule:
Click here for Fee Schedule
The Eviction process is covered under the Texas Property Code 24.001 -24.008,
Property owners who are unsure of vacate notices should review the above statute on the proper method of giving notice.
Writ of Possession
The Writ of Possession is covered under Texas Rules of Civil Procedures 510, 8, Texas Property Code 24.061.
All legal questions regarding your procedures for filing an eviction and its legality should be directed to the attorney of your choice.
Resource: Lone Star Legal Aid / (713) 652-0077
Questions regarding parent/child relations can be directed to the Domestic Relations Office Department: